[Mesa-users] Bisecting Mesa

Fabian Maurer dark.shadow4 at web.de
Wed Aug 24 17:25:18 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm currently trying to bisect mesa to trace down a bug, but I'm stuck with
LLVM errors. Currently I'm on latest llvm-svn, and I'm using radeonsi, so I
can't disable LLVM integration.
Is there a way to compile mesa with the correct LLVM/Clang svn-version so I
can properly switch back to an older commit without errors? I don't mind
compiling LLVM from source, but I don't know which version I need.

Also, the program I'm testing is wine with a 32bit exe. Since I don't fully
understood the relation between 32bit and 64bit mesa, I'm not sure if
recompiling both versions is necessary.

Hints for a setup that allows me to recompile and test mesa without errors?
Of course, best would be a setup that allows to pick a commit from mesa and
compile mesa 32 and 64 bit and also the corresponding llvm-svn version at
once. But I'm not sure if and how that's possible.

Any help would be appreciated,
Regards,
Fabian Maurer