[Mesa-users] Newbie questions on Gallium state trackers

Minkyu Lee minkyu725 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 09:47:47 UTC 2016

Hello, I'm working on gallium style drivers.

As you know, gallium architecture consists of 3 layers of 'State Trackers',
'Pipe Drivers', 'WinSys'.

Today, my topic is on State Trackers.

I think the meaning of 'state' in the word 'State Trackers' is the state of
gpu which rendering API changes.

So I guessed that everything in directory src/gallium/state_trackers/ is
regarding rendering states.

But some things like dri, wgl outstand my guessing.

They are regarding hardware context or windowing system rather than
rendering states.

So I guessed in other way that everything in directory
src/gallium/state_trackers/ is something needs to access pipe drivers layer.

In that way, the existence of dri, wgl at src/gallium/state_trackers/ makes
sense.

Is my guessing correct?

Please someone let me know if my guessing is correct or not.

Any help will be fully appreciated :)
Best Regards,
Minkyu Lee