[Mesa-users] mesa gallium screen freeze

abcd abcdeluxe at web.de
Sun Jul 10 16:49:34 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

I have a strange problem here and I don't know how to debug this:

I have mesa installed on a Debian jessie system with a GTX 660Ti with
UEFI VBIOS, installation from jessie-backports via apt-get with a kernel
update before.
The kernel update was necessary to get it running on the Kepler card.
All glx commands like glxinfo, glxgears, glxdemo, etc. are working. When
I try to run some applications (I suppose it's the hardware accelerated
ones),
like some games or Opera Internet Browser, my screen freezes, I can only
move the mouse and shutdown the system on power switch.

glxinfo | grep 'renderer string' gives:
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on NVE4

How can I find out the problem, now that I always have to shutdown the
computer?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers