[Mesa-users] Is there any mesa dri driver named "amdgpu_dri.so"?

Minkyu Lee minkyu725 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 07:38:13 UTC 2016

Hi, I'm trying to run my PC on radeon graphic card 'R9 380X'.

Its kernel driver name is 'amdgpu'.

Regarding feature matrix at https://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature/, its 3D
driver name is 'radeonsi', not 'amdgpu'.

But when I try to create gbm_device, dri_open_driver() should be called in
turn

and it tries to load 'amdgpu_dri.so', not 'radeon_dri.so'.

I think it's because the kernel driver name of 'R9 380X' is 'amdgpu', so it
tries to load 'amdgpu_dri.so'.

Is it a bug of gbm? or the model I try to use is still unsupported?

Maybe I'm missing something important... but I cannot find out what it is.

Please someone let me know about using 'amdgpu' on Mesa.

Any help will be fully appreciated :)

Best regards, Thanks.

-Minkyu Lee