[Mesa-users] Vulkan API software implementation?

Albert Freeman albertwdfreeman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 09:09:51 UTC 2016

Yes its possible.
Vulkan is lower level than gallium. So you have to tie in the glsl
compiler from mesa into a new non gallium driver. Probably taking
ideas from softpipe/llvmpipe and the intel Vulkan implementation.

I find it quite ironic the day I buy a new computer to be able to use
Vulkan (since my old AMD 5650M doesn't support it) you ask this (a
software implementation of Vulkan would have served my needs for a
while).