[Mesa-users] Mesa + llvmpipe + wglCreateContextAttribsARB

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Thu Sep 29 23:54:37 UTC 2016

On 09/29/2016 07:06 AM, Ken Martin wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Does someone here know if Mesa supports wglCreateContextAttribsARB ? We
> have someone deploying using Mesa to a Windows VM and they are running
> into issues that make me suspect that wglCreateContextAttribsARB is
> either not implemented or not correctly returning a >= 3.2 context. This
> is with llvmpipe as a renderer. If wglCreateContextAttribsARB is not
> implemented is there another way to get a 3.2 context from Mesa on
> windows that I should be looking at?
>
> Thanks a bunch!
> Ken

wglCreateContextAttribsARB is supported.

My first hunch is this is a core vs. compatibility profile issue.  Since
Mesa only supports core profile for GL 3.2 and later, when you call
wglCreateContextAttribsARB() you have to specify the profile attribute
as core (WGL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK_ARB = WGL_CONTEXT_CORE_PROFILE_BIT_ARB).

-Brian