[Mesa-users] Interpreting KHR_debug output

Stefan Monov logixoul at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 10:00:35 UTC 2017

Hello.
I enabled KHR_debug to find the cause of some bugs in my app, but became
interested in performance-related messages that were getting printed.
Example:

> Multi-LOD fast clear - giving up (2048x16x11)

I'm interested in improving my code to remove such warnings, as all extra
performance is welcome. But I understand most of those messages only
partially - e.g. in the above example I understand what it means, but not
what might cause it or how to fix it.

Is there any documentation on such warnings?

Note that I'm mostly interested in the warnings produced by the *Intel*
driver, as I'm using an Intel GPU.

TIA,
Stefan