[Mesa-users] glVertexAttribPointer performance

Pierre-Olivier Konecki pkonecki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:08:21 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm currently developping some kind of Vulkan backed driver for OpenGL and
I was wondering how mesa devs handled glVertexAttribPointer data when not
using a VBO and passing a pointer to vertex data. In my implementation I
copy the data every frame and upload it to the GPU, which is not ideal when
the data is always the same. Is there some kind of optimization trick in
mesa for this?
If you have any other knowledge of performance trick used in mesa, I would
gladly hear about it too.

Thanks,

Pierre-Olivier KONECKI