[Mesa-users] libgl1-mesa-dri size question

jonhp19 at gmail.com jonhp19 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 12:37:32 UTC 2018

Hi, this is probably a stupid question but I am working with small embedded
systems running Debian linux that are accessed by vnc clients.

I noticed recently that for armhf:

Jessie (10.3.2-1+deb8u1) is 7,701KB

Stretch (13.0.6-1 and others) is 85,582KB documented; measures 101,810KB on
one system (not sure of the version.)

For Debian users that is at least a 77,001KB increase between Releases 8 and
9.

For Intel powered towers and laptops, that probably isn't a problem.

For small embedded systems, it's a fairly significant hit.

So my question, from a user perspective (not a graphics application
developer),

Is there anything that I can do to reduce the install size hit?

Thanks, Jon