[Mesa-users] Problem with libGLU.so on mesa installation from source

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 15 02:29:55 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 07:49:46PM -0600, Brian Paul wrote:
> On 06/14/2018 09:19 AM, Seshadri Kumar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had gotten glu from that site, and even compiled it. I just realized
> > what went wrong. I did not use the --with-prefix= flag to install the
> > libraries in the same location as the main mesa.
> >
> > I did that, and now I can see the libGLU.so.
> >
> > I have one more question. How do I install GLUT?
>
> IIRC, you do ./configure --prefix=something ; make, like for GLU.

Perhaps Kumar might like to look at
www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/read.html (the development versions of
the sysv or systemd books) - chapter 25, freeglut-3.0.0.

and obviously change -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to match Mesa and GLU.

And I'll add a warning - parts of these books WILL change, but for
building only freeglut that should not matter.

Please note that dependencies (cmake in this case) mention our
current version, an older but recent version will probably also
work.

ĸen
--
              Keyboard not found, Press F1 to continue