[Mesa-users] Problem with libGLU.so on mesa installation from source

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 15 14:13:00 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 03:02:05PM +0530, Seshadri Kumar wrote:
> Ken,
>
> Thanks for the pointer to that reference! I was able to install
> freeglut-3.0.0 from that guide.
>
> However, I cannot install the latest version of FreeGLUT which I got from
> the mesa download site, which is 7.9.2. And this is why.
>
> Brian suggested that I simply configure and make. But there is one problem.
> There is no configuration file. Look at the directories I get when I unpack
> the tarball:

Yes, I saw that - but 7.9.2 is antiquated.

Mesa still mentions it, but the tarballs and the zip are dated from
April 2012.  FreeGLUT is less old (April 2015).

Some details at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeGLUT

Actually, a japanese mirror has older ands newer versions of
MesaGLUT -
http://ftp.iij.ad.jp/pub/X11/x.org/pub/mesa/older-versions/7.x/
 7.9.2 is actually from 2011, 7.11.2 seems to be the latest release
of MesaGLUT, from November 2011.

ĸen
--
              Keyboard not found, Press F1 to continue