[Mesa-users] Software rendering: Porting osmesa demo to a new platform.

Robin Pedersen robin.a.t.pedersen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 12:11:57 UTC 2018

Hi.

I want to port an opengl (software render) example to a 32bit MCU (I've got
a working display and enough memory).
The osdemo.c demo compiles and run on windows by linking with
cygosmesa.dll, but I can't use an x86 .dll on the MCU.
I must either cross compile a static library for arm architecture or find
the approriate mesa source files to compile with my own build script
(makefile).

How could I cross compile? I like plain makefiles but mesa uses scons
(which I used on windows), autoconf and meson and I have no idea how adjust
them for the arm architecture.

How can I find the relevant source files to create my own makefile?
When following "undefined reference to" and extracting the relevant source
files, an intricate and enourmous web of dependencies reveals itself.
I suspect that many of the dependencies could be ommited by configuring the
right flags (if I knew what flags or where they can be found).
For instance my MCU cannot use c11 threads or x86 specifics.

Is there any other option other than mesa (or other than opengl/khronos)
for a simple 3D demo?

Regards Robin.