[Mesa-users] intel_upload_space function returns a null

MyungJin, Kim darkkmj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 06:08:26 UTC 2019

I’m a newbie in the Mesa library.

I developed the JavaFX application using the Mesa 17.2.4 with DRI on the
32bit Linux environment.

But, my program is died by the SIGSEGV after about six hours running.

I used the GDB for debugging this problem.

And, I found a position of the SIGSEGV problem. It is the
copy_array_to_vbo_array function in
mesa/src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/brw_draw_upload.c

In the copy_array_to_vbo_array function, the memcpy function is called with
source and destination address.

A destination address is got from the intel_upload_space function in
mesa/src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/intel_upload.c

But, the intel_upload_space function returns a null, therefore a
destination address is zero and so my program is gone into fault by the
SIGSEGV.

I have a question about the intel_upload_space function in
mesa/src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/intel_upload.c

In what cases can this function return a null?

And also, if this function returns a null, then how can I handle this
abnormal operation to run my application?

please let me know if you have a workaround for this issue.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Myungjin, Kim