[Mesa-users] Mesa 18.3 swrast

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 11:57:10 UTC 2019

> IIRC, this is something that the window manager is doing.
>
> Which window manager are you using?  Maybe you need to change some
> compositing setting.

I had similar issues with an older Mesa version.

And yes, disabling the compositing in the window manager
solved the issue.

But it's still not clear to me why I'm only having the
issue with Mesa, but not with a NVIDIA driver. With
the NVIDIA driver I hadn't to disable the compositing.

So there seems to be some kind of application specific setting
which causes the different behavior with Mesa and the
NVIDIA driver.

In our cases additionally Qt5 is involved, which complicates
the case a little further.

Greetings,
Daniel