[Mesa-users] EGL: eglChooseConfig returns num_config=0

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Thu May 9 07:55:26 UTC 2019

On Wed, 08 May 2019 23:29:58 +0200
Christian Stadelmann <christian.stadelmann at mailbox.org> wrote:

> Dear mesa-EGL developers,
>
> I just updated to Fedora 30 [1] and I start to get an error message:
>
> > Failed to initialize accelerated iGPU/dGPU framebuffer sharing: No
> matching EGL configs

Hi Christian,

I'm partly responsible for that error message.  Do you not also see a
message like "The GPU %s chosen as primary is not supported by EGL."?
That would be the real reason why libmutter quits.

The error message you quoted is no longer completely accurate, because
the "framebuffer sharing" initialization is attempted on all GPUs
before the primary GPU is even chosen. That is done to know ahead of
time which GPUs actually have a hardware accelerated graphics driver.

> which happens because (see [2] for details) eglChooseConfig returns 0
> matches. Is this expected to happen?
>
> My hardware has only one GPU: an Intel iGPU from the first generation
> of Core i5 CPUs, i.e. Core i5-650. [3]
>
> I've attached the standard output of `eglinfo`. It prints this line to
> stderr though:
>
> > i965_dri.so does not support the 0xffffffff PCI ID.

This error message seems to be hinting towards the root cause, but I'm
afraid I don't know about it.

Thanks,
pq