[Mesa-users] Tool for translating GLSL to TGSI

Elias Naur mail at eliasnaur.com
Mon Mar 9 13:40:30 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm writing a Go unikernel that I'd like to use to run GUI programs in, using
gioui.org. I've got the kernel itself working, as well as a virtio-gpu driver
that can glClear the window. Next step is adding shader support.

What is the most convenient path from existing GLSL shaders to the TGSI format
virtio-gpu expects? My googling didn't reveal a command line tool (which isn't
surprising given the internal nature of TGSI), and

	https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/mesa/state_tracker/st_glsl_to_tgsi.cpp

is not standalone.

Thanks,
elias