[ANN] ModemManager 1.2-rc1

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Sat Dec 14 16:08:58 PST 2013

Am Dienstag, 10. Dezember 2013, 14:46:18 schrieb Aleksander Morgado:
> Hey,

> If you have modems around, please test them with this tagged version and
> report problems before we release 1.2 in the following weeks (likely
> around Dec 20th).

A short report: (with master of mm, libmbim, libqmi from 12.DEC2013)

It looks good to me.

But I have some things.

The MF821D (O2-surfstick) prefers ppp via /dev/ttyUSB2 instead of using wwan0.
Where can I changed it?

mmcli -b 0

is a little bit confusing to me.

One connection (K5006Z, qmi )says only:

IPv6 configuration | method: 'dhcp'

Another connection (K5150 mbim) is much more verbose:

IPv6 configuration | method: 'static'

with address, prefix, gateway and DNS.

Is there a way to get the information independent of dhcp/static, because I
see the info in the logfile. (e.g. for DNS) in both cases.

Strange things I observed: The modemmanager only works reliable  with kernel
3.12.x.
Under kernel 3.13rc3 / linux-next it gets timeouts via /dev/cdc-wdm0 with mbim
and with qmi.

Thomas