Huawei E3131 and the ignored at^ndisdup command

Graham Inggs graham.inggs at uct.ac.za
Mon Jul 1 02:14:45 PDT 2013

On 30/06/2013 14:59, Enrico Mioso wrote:
> I have an Huawei E3131 device - it reuses the E398 ID, and similar
> disfunctions.

Is the E3131 one of the HiLink modems?

> Even in this case, the commands:
> at^ndisdup
> or
> at^ndisconn
> returns an "OK" message, but the modem will not ever try to connect to
> the network.
> ModemManager, in a debug session, ended up using the 2plain ppp
> connection".

I have seen the same behaviour with the Huawei E303 which is a HiLink modem.

I use the AT^DIALMODE? command to determine if the modem supports NDISDUP.
If the first value returned is 0, the modem only supports PPP, if the
value is 1, the modem supports only supports NDISDUP and if the value is
2, the modem supports both PPP and NDISDUP.

 UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.