Huawei E3131 and the ignored at^ndisdup command

Graham Inggs graham.inggs at uct.ac.za
Mon Jul 1 02:47:10 PDT 2013

On 01/07/2013 11:19, Enrico Mioso wrote:
> As I already said - unfortunately this isn't an Hi-Link modem.
I think you are lucky it is not a HiLink modem!

> Regarding the dialmode command:
> When I type: at^dialmode?
> The answer is: ^DIALMODE:2,2
Oh well, it has worked for me on about 8 different Huawei models so far.
Yours might be an exception though.

> ==> Even in this case, the commands:
> ==> at^ndisdup
> ==> or
> ==> at^ndisconn
> ==> returns an "OK" message, but the modem will not ever try to connect to
> ==> the network.
When you wrote that you tried AT^NDISDUP, did you actually send only
AT^NDISDUP, or did you try send AT^NDISDUP=1,1 or AT^NDISDUP=1,1,"<your
APN>" ?

What does AT+CGDCONT? return?

 UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.