'Signal' interface

Martin Anderseck Martin.Anderseck at ni.com
Wed Jul 10 02:48:18 PDT 2013

Hi Aleksander,

First: That looks great! It delivers all the data which I got from gstatus in the past but in my opinion much more convenient.

> * Is 'Signal' a good name for the interface? I was thinking in adding
> more stuff there, like instant power values of the RX/TX chains. Can't
> think of a more generic name, suggestions welcome.

For me 'Signal' is good, something that can be remembered easily and that explains what we're looking at.

>  * Currently values are provided as independent properties, e.g.
> "gsm_rssi", "umts_rssi"... Another option would have been to provide
> per-technology dictionaries, like a "gsm" property with signature
> "a{sd}" where the string is the parameter (e.g. "rssi") and the double
> is the actual value. Don't have a strong feeling about this.

Thought about this, too, but in the end it doesn't make a big difference (for me).

BR,
Martin

Signalion GmbH; Geschäftsführer (Managing Directors): Dr. Tim Hentschel, Dr. Thorsten Dräger; Sitz (Registered Office): Dresden; HRB (Commercial Register No.): 22081; Registergericht (Registration Court): Dresden

This email and any attachments are intended only for the person to whom this email is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you received this email in error, please do not disclose the contents to anyone, but notify the sender by return email and delete this email (and any attachments) from your system.