[Huawei] NDISSTATQRY? instead of DHCP? to check successful connection

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at lanedo.com
Thu Jul 11 00:47:24 PDT 2013

Hey,

I just pushed to git master some changes to use NDISSTATQRY? instead of
DHCP? to check for successful connections in the Huawei bearer. These
changes were suggested by Huawei themselves for NDISDUP-capable modems.
If you have a NDISDUP-capable modem, please test and let me know if you
found any problem.

We're still limiting the NDISDUP capability to those modems with a
standard ECM interface, as Huawei suggested, but we know other modems
can also work with this, so tests with those are also welcome if you
have one. If we find modems supporting NDISDUP which don't fall into the
current udev rule, we can add new rules for those, but we need to be
very sure.