MBIM enabled by default

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 10:07:05 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 14:37 +0200, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> On 11/07/13 11:38, Marius Kotsbak wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd like to setup MBIM support enabled by default when running configure
> >> in MM (currently is 'auto', i.e. use MBIM if libmbim-glib is found).
> >> With the change, you'll need to use --without-mbim explicitly if you
> >> don't want it.
> >
> > Hmm. Why do you want that? It would make it harder to build MM where
> > there is no libmbim easily available. AFAIK there is no Deb package for
> > libmbim.
> >

> Maybe there should be one? Also, remember that you can still use
> --without-mbim during configure.

I'm fine with this, but configure should print a very informative
message saying like "libmbim not found; to build without MBIM support,
use --without-mbim at configure time" or something like that, and do the
same for QMI.  Does that sound reasonable?  Otherwise you're just left
with pkgconfigs "couldn't find libmbim >= xxx" which means people will
usually assume that it's a hard requirement.

Dan