NDISDUP+wwan for Huawei devices using the new 'huawei_cdc_ncm' driver

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Nov 29 10:51:53 PST 2013

Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> writes:

>> Also note that only 36xx and 55xx modules have *E2IPCFG; the 3507 does
>> not.  We didn't bother with E2IPCFG in ModemManager because the modules
>> support DHCP.  Unfortunately there's nobody from ericsson around anymore
>> to tell us about IPv6...
>
> I have a F3507g and H5321gw (NCM only and not upgradable) too.  Will
> test them if/when I can find the time.

I am probably doing something wrong.  I have the same problem with both
the F3507g and the H5321gw: No RAs, no DHCPv6, and AT*E2IPCFG only
gives a LL address (only on the H5321gw of course - the F3507g doesn't
support this command as you noted).  And I cannot find any way to use
this LL address.

I observed one very strange thing on the F3507g: It sends gratious ARPs
for an IPv4 LL address when an IPV6 PDP type connection is established.
That was a bit surprising.

Bjørn