Huawei E5776

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Thu Apr 17 11:55:40 PDT 2014

> >distinguish
> >
> >> between these devices, and only tag devices that require
> >
> >AT/MBIM/QMI/etc
> >
> >> control as WWAN.  Then NM will treat it as a normal ethernet
> >
> >interface.

I attached the usb properties of the E398 (qmi) and the E5776 - both
12d1:1506.

You can compare it, may you find a useful characteristic.

Don't wonder about the modules names - I didn't it at my test-notebook.
Here at my every day pc  I am working still with kernel 3.11.10.

On windows 7 the E5776 switches to 1506 too.

There is a PC UI-Interface with subclass 02 prot 12 MI00.
Network is usbcdcncm vid12d1 subclass 02 prot 16 and usbcdcncm vid12d1 pid1506
MI01

usbcdcncm\compat

Thomas