problem with huawei e355 with xubuntu 14.04 and modemmanager 1.0.0

som drsoumalya-mm at yahoo.co.in
Tue Apr 22 09:30:32 PDT 2014

---snip---

>2) User Interfaces could show an indicator when MM was working, so that
>where detecting the modem might take a bit of time, the user isn't left
>wondering what's happening, because they plugged in the modem 10 seconds
>ago and it still hasn't shown up in the menu.

let me first express my gratitude as you responded to this so fast.

now this particular suggestion, from a user's point of view, sounds great. even with 3.8 kernel series, the wifi connection used to be available earlier than the wired connection option. once you know that you have to wait for sometime for that to appear, its okay; but if there could be some visual indicator for that, it'd really be great.

regards,

som