MC7710 "forgetting" RAT

Martin Anderseck Martin.Anderseck at ni.com
Wed Feb 5 07:58:17 PST 2014

Just for the records: Now I got the invalid output of selrat again but at
the same time this:

[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Successfully got system selection preference
        Emergency mode: 'no'
        Mode preference: 'gsm, umts, lte'
        Band preference: 'gsm-dcs-1800, gsm-900-extended, gsm-900-primary,
gsm-pcs-1900, wcdma-2100, wcdma-2600, wcdma-900, wcdma-1700-japan, bc-16,
bc-17, bc-18, bc-19'
        LTE band preference: '1, 3, 7, 8, 20'
        Roaming preference: 'any'
        Network selection preference: 'automatic'
        Service domain preference: 'cs-ps'
        Service selection preference: 'automatic'

However by using qmicli to set the system selection preference I could
change the value of selrat back to 7 again.

I will keep you updated in case I find out anything that leads to a
solution of this mysterious issue but I won't continue spamming you with
always new perspectives of the same problem unless you ask me to do so ;-)

Martin

modemmanager-devel-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org wrote on 05.02.2014
16:35:04:

> Thank you also for this explanation. I've checked this while the RAT was

> valid and I got an output as yours. In the meantime I have also updated
> libqmi to 1.8.0 and ModemManager to 1.2.0. In this new setup I didn't
see
> the wrong RAT yet but the first simple-connect attempt often ends in
"QMI
> protocol error (79): 'PolicyMismatch'. I need to reset the modem but
> afterwards everything works without any problem.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot say that this problem is limited to my single
> MC7710. We use some of these modems in a project where partners make
their
> first steps with them currently and I got that feedback twice already.
But
> from all your statements it sounds like there's something strange going
on
> in the modem and rather not in ModemManager.
>
> Martin

National Instruments Dresden GmbH; Geschäftsführer (Managing Directors): Dr. Tim Hentschel, Dr. Thorsten Dräger; Sitz (Registered Office): Dresden; HRB (Commercial Register No.): 22081; Registergericht (Registration Court): Dresden

This email and any attachments are intended only for the person to whom this email is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you received this email in error, please do not disclose the contents to anyone, but notify the sender by return email and delete this email (and any attachments) from your system.