Is it necessary to disable modem before powering it down?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 16:58:36 PST 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 16:54 -0800, Thieu Le wrote:
> In this particular case, the command AT%DPDNACT=0 took longer than 10s,
> which is too long when the user suspends the system.
>
> Thanks, I'll take a look at the internal states and see if we can reset it
> without going through a full disable.

We could either do a quick fix or a better fix.

quick fix: add a "will power down next" flag to the disable codepaths,
which you would then check and just not call %DPDNACT if we were in fact
about to power down next.

better fix: what I described earlier; split out any of the cleanup logic
so that it could be called from both disable and power-down, and then
allow power-down without first doing disable.

Your choice :)

Dan