[ANN] ModemManager 1.2-rc1

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Jan 13 09:03:31 PST 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 11:02 +0100, Aleksander Morgado wrote:

> >> Sure.  Better keep something that is known to be working.
> >
> > I am not sure, if one zte device should make a decision for all zte
> > devices.
> >
> > The K5006Z and ZTE LTE 4G MF821D work (better) with qmi.
> >
> > The discussion does a loop, sorry.
>
> We can also always setup the blacklist for the MF60 only, and enable all
> the others with QMI; or otherwise, setup a whitelist for the known
> working devices for now, until we know more about the others? I really
> don't have a strong opinion on that...
>
> Dan, what do you think?

I don't have a strong opinion either, but my first thought is to
blacklist devices that don't work.  Do we have any idea whether these
devices are older, or just plain dumb?  eg, could we automatically skip
QMI in the ZTE plugin if the NAS version is < 1.2 or something like
that?  Or are these devices newer, but braindead?

Dan