git master ZTE testing results

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Jan 28 14:47:12 PST 2014

1) crash when deleting bearer with just a number, I guess we should
detect this and either accept the '0' like we do for -m and -i or print
a warning.  But not critical.

$ mmcli -m 0 --delete-bearer=0

(mmcli:6928): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_new_object_path: assertion
'g_variant_is_object_path (object_path)' failed
Segmentation fault

2) NM relies on PPP termination to notify MM that the bearer is
disconnected, which apparnetly doesn't happen here.  NM needs to
explicitly tell MM to terminate the connection after killing PPP.  NM
also has an issue with handling of WWAN network ports that are not
marked FLAG_WWAN.  Obviously NM issues, not MM.

3) MF627, MF691 (Rocket2, Icera), K3805-Z (Icera), and AC2726 (CDMA) all
work OK.  I don't have any ZTE QMI devices apparently...

So if it wasn't clear, the only critical bugs I found were NM git
master bugs, not MM ones.

Dan