Blacklisting a broken AT port

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Jan 30 12:07:06 PST 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-30 at 00:48 -0800, Ben Chan wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion. That solves one of the issues I encountered.
> I've submitted a patch to add additional hints for a ZTE MF190 dongle.  I
> may need to implement a similar solution for other modems.

Yeah, it's somewhat hard keeping up with all the devices vendors put out
here.  The best way to do it, if you don't have documentation or
guidance from the OEM, is to grab the Windows INF files and find out
that way.

This doesn't work as well for Sierra and other vendors like Huawei
though, because they can change port layout based on AT commands or
usb_modeswitch configuration or stuff like that.

Dan