Sierra Wireless EM7305: unable to connect after suspend

Florian Klink flokli at flokli.de
Sat Jun 28 09:52:17 PDT 2014

Am 28.06.2014 18:33, schrieb Aleksander Morgado:
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Florian Klink <flokli at flokli.de> wrote:
>> I re-checked by applying a second patch on top that issued a
>>
>>> mm_dbg ("||| debug message, broadband-modem-mbim: support finishing registration requests via indications was applied");
>>
>> inside modem_3gpp_run_registration_checks(...).
>>
>> This message appeared in the logs once on each connection attempt, so I
>> must have your patch applied, too ;)
>>
>> It looks like the patch doesn't work correctly.
>>

> The patch didn't do anything, because in this log report the modem
> didn't send any Indication with the registration status; instead, the
> modem correctly replied to the registration status check.
>
> What I do see, though, is that the modem gets successfully connected,
> gets IPs and all that, and NM reports it as connected-. Did you really
> see it not connected in the UI?

The debug log contains "the whole cycle": (successful) connecting after
a reboot, suspend/resume, try reconnecting again (which fails). Status
indication with transaction id 0 as response to request with transaction
id 25 comes in at line 1729.

>> I attached the new dump with your patch and mine applied. Seems like
>> some notification sms from my provider came in, I removed them from the
>> logs. Btw, is there any GUI support planned for displaying incoming sms?
>
> KDE already has one if I'm not mistaken. Empathy/Telepathy has also
> some support for SMS, but not through the new MM API. Anyone wants to
> play with it? :)

I was able to access these via Modem Manager GUI. An integration inside
Empathy/Telepathy would be really nice! :)

Florian