How to do mobile broadband from command line

Yegor Yefremov yegorslists at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 21 02:48:59 PDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 1:24 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-03-20 at 23:21 +0100, Yegor Yefremov wrote:

>> > Yeah, it does; want to contribute one?  We'll take it!
>>
>> I'll try. I have looked at dhclient and it seems to be doable. Though
>> udhcpc has quite different structure. Nevertheless it
>> is worth implementing, especially for embedded distros, that are using Busybox.
>
> Definitely.  One thing to note is that both the dhclient and dhcpcd code
> use the same environment variables in their callout scripts, so that
> probably won't work for udhcpc.  But that's OK, since then you're free
> to do what's most efficient.

Btw. why configure.ac is searching for dhclient at configure time? Is
this really helpful for cross-compilation?

# Search and check the executables
if test "$with_dhclient" = "yes"; then
        AC_PATH_PROGS(with_dhclient, dhclient, no,
/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin)
        if test "$with_dhclient" != "no"; then
                if ! $with_dhclient --version 2>&1 | grep -q
"^isc-dhclient-4\."; then
                        AC_MSG_WARN([Cannot use dhclient, version 4.x
is required])
                        with_dhclient=no
                fi
        fi