AT+ECM for connection management, QNCM rx_framing and le16 length prefixed IP tx_framing

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Mar 24 09:12:38 PDT 2014

Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> writes:
> On Mon, 2014-03-24 at 16:27 +0100, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
>
>> Would be good to check MM 1.x with QMI support as well, right?
>
> Yes, we'd prefer to use QMI if we can, for the reliability, IP
> configuration, speed, and status/SMS/location/etc benefits if nothing
> else...

Julio,

if you want to test this modem with QMI, then I believe the following
should be enough on the driver side (in a root shell):

  echo 1-1.3:1.4  >/sys/bus/usb/drivers/option/unbind
  modprobe qmi_wwan
  echo 0b3c c00b >/sys/bus/usb/drivers/qmi_wwan/new_id

Then you'll need to run some QMI userspace tool to actually test it,
preferably ModemManager 1.x with QMI support because that will also
verify that the firmware works with the command subset MM uses.

Bjørn