Novatel E371 support

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Mar 28 03:07:15 PDT 2014

Yegor Yefremov <yegorslists at googlemail.com> writes:

> Thanks. The card seems to be working now.

Great! Can you submit a patch for cdc_ether and qmi_wwan to netdev?

> I could successfully make a
> simple connection, then run DHCP on wwan0 and make some transactions.
> Can you see anything alarming in the log below? So far I can see, that
> IMEI couldn't be read and SMS stuff seems to make trouble. Let me
> know, if I should provide more data.

I see that Aleksander is already on to that.

> My system: Linux buildroot 3.14.0-rc4-12737-gefb78a0-dirty #237 SMP
> Thu Mar 27 14:34:28 CET 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux

Hmm, this isn't just an ordinary x86 system :-)

But I cannot think of any possible problem with that.

> Jan  1 19:53:14 buildroot daemon.info ModemManager[996]: <info>  Modem
> for device at '/sys/devices/ocp.3/47400000.usb/47401400.usb/musb-hdrc.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1.3'
> successfully created

And this isn't any ordinary host controller driver either...  I guess
that could be one thing to look at if this shows any unexpected QMI/USB
errors.

But as you point out:  The log looks mostly fine and the important
stuff works, so I assume that all involved drivers work.

I must admit that I'm a bit curious now:  You have some sort of omap2
board with a mini-PCIe slot? Router with LTE builtin?  That's nice.

Bjørn