gobi2000: Reading enabled locks (was: Re: Readings IMSI)

Torsten Hilbrich torsten.hilbrich at secunet.com
Tue Nov 11 02:37:13 PST 2014

Am 10.11.2014 um 11:01 schrieb Aleksander Morgado:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Torsten Hilbrich
> <torsten.hilbrich at secunet.com> wrote:
>> However, there seems to be some problem reading or interpreting the lock
>> state. SIM_PIN1 is unlocked and set. I would then (as seen with other
>> modems) expect to see this information in the 3GPP section of the modem
>> information in the "enabled locks". However, I see 'none' there.
>> Expected output is at least the presence of pin.
>>
>> The command "qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm9 --dms-uim-get-pin-status" outputs
>> information that seem to be correct (see attached
>> qmicli-read-pin-status.txt).
>>
>> I have also added the output of "mmcli -m 0" (mmcli-modem.txt) and
>> "mmcli -i 0" (mmcli-sim.txt) as well as the complete modem-manager.log.
>>
>> Version of libqmi was the current qmi-1-10 branch (5778785
>> libqmi,message: fix qmi_message_set_transaction_id() in non-CTL
>> messages) with the IMSI patch applied.
>>
>> The version of modemmanager is still 1.4.0 as in the original report.
>
> This is not a bug, it's a missing implementation. Listing enabled
> locks isn't implemented for QMI modems yet, that's why you see a
> "none" there. Not sure if it's just something I forgot to do, or if I
> couldn't find correct QMI DMS/UIM messages to query those. Patches
> welcome :)

The reading of enabled locks seems to be well implemented in the qmi
modem driver, but the gobi2000 modem do not support the according qmi
command (qmi_client_dms_uim_get_ck_status). However, I don't have any
other qualcomm modem so no way to test it.

I found that the AT command +CLCK can be used there. I have implemented
a gobi2000 variant of the qmi modem which basically uses only uses the
load_enabled_facility_locks method from the mm-broadband-modem driver
and everything else from the mm-broadband-modem-qmi.

As I can only test the gobi2000 I have in my possession the driver is
limited to this gobi2000 type which was used in a number of lenovo
thinkpads (e.g. T410).

The attached patch (git-am format) was created against version 1.4.0 of
modemmanager.

With the patch applied the retrieval of enabled locks works correctly. I
also tested the enable and disable PIN commands (which can now be
triggered correctly by our software now that the PIN enabling state is
correct).

	Torsten