Difficulty enabling modems

Marc Murphy marcmltd at marcm.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 14:24:06 PST 2014

Hi Alex/Vincent,

Found the issue it’s a hardware problem.  If I stick the modem in a USB->mPCIe adapter it all works fine and the modem can be enabled.
If I stick the modem on our board in the mPCIe socket there is a sim error.. the numpty hardware engineer has crossed over the I/O, CLK and RST connections to the SIM (Aggghhhh) does explain why I can't see a SIM with the modem.

I was wondering about the GPS feature that can be used in modems, you don’t actually have to have a SIM installed to be able to use the GPS, but you have to have a SIM available to enable the modem to then subsequently use GPS.

Do you think it is worthwhile being able to enable the GPS without enabling the modem ?

Just a thought.

Cheers
Marc.