Reconnecting after disconnect not possible

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Apr 30 14:12:40 PDT 2015

Ok, thanks, so this is a Sierra EM7305. There were recent reports of
this modem failing in MBIM mode but working in QMI mode, see:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network.modemmanager.devel/cutoff=40

You can try to switch to QMI mode by switching to USB interface
configuration #1; e.g. as the previous reporter did (you'll need to
specify the proper usb path):
echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-11/bConfigurationValue

I believe I do have one of these, I'll try myself this weekend.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 7:42 PM, Bernd Eggink <monoped at sudrala.de> wrote:
> On 30.04.2015 14:40, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM, Bernd Eggink <monoped at sudrala.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> I tried that, didn't help. Actually I think the whole suspend-resume
>>> thing
>>> is a red herring. All tests I made showed that suspending and resuming
>>> does
>>> _not_ harm the connection, but _disconnecting_ does. In most cases after
>>> disconnecting the device I couldn't get a connection again, until the
>>> next
>>> boot. So the problem might be that after a disconnection the device is