nm-applet cannot communicate with ModemManager on serveral Hardware

Harald Jung harald.jung at ecos.de
Sat Aug 22 05:14:50 PDT 2015

Hi,

we are running a selfmade Distro, which is gentoo based.
Modemmanager is started by Networkmanager via dbus.
Here is the order of the services, started by our runlevel script:
syslogd
klogd
udev
dbus
networkmanager
8 different networkservices
xfce (which starts nm-applet via autostart)

The thing i am wondering about is that it works on most notebooks, but
not on all, so it is related to the hardware it runs from

Harald