Fundamental doubt

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Aug 31 17:06:33 PDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-09-01 at 00:38 +0100, João M. S. Silva wrote:
> On 08/31/2015 09:03 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
> > serial ports and may be designated /dev/ttyS0.  Do you have
> > any /dev/ttySx ports and if so can you talk to the modem with them?
>
> Yes, I communicate for instance with miniterm.py /dev/ttyS0 115200.

Ok, great.  In this case I would expect ModemManager to find the modem
in /dev/ttyS0 through probing, but you may need to manually trigger
probing of this platform serial device, since many platform devices are
"greylisted" since they are often *not* modems.  You can do that with
the org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.ScanDevices() dbus method call.

Dan