error: couldn't find the ModemManager process in the bus

João M. S. Silva joao.m.santos.silva at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 14:12:23 PDT 2015

On 07/29/2015 11:41 AM, Bernd Eggink wrote:
> I _do_ start ModemManager as a background process in an init script.
> After this, I use mmcli for status reports, connecting and disconnecting.

OK. What I find strange is what happened to trigger this problem.

I had no issues before, I didn't have to care for network-manager or
modemmanager services.

Something must have changed... although it was some months ago.

I don't see any commit messages referring "/etc/init/modemmanager-conf"
in modemmanager's repo. So the dependence of network-manager is
supposedly old.

But how can it be, since I never had network-manager is this server
machine and modemmanager worked?

--
João M. S. Silva