Use a specific device ?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Jun 11 01:48:43 PDT 2015

Jean-Christian de Rivaz <jc at eclis.ch> writes:

>> In my experience this is not true.  Many vendors, many of them no-name
>> Asian ones, release many devices each year, especially when rebranding
>> the same device between network operators.  Even in the United States
>> there can be 3 or 4 models of the same hardware, differentiated only by
>> firmware and external branding, but with different VID/PID combinations.
>
> Please provides real substantial example.

Go look it up in the modem database you have access to.

You can use almost any modem present in any laptop as example, or any
modem marketing name from any of the major asian vendors.  They will
*all* have a number of different VID/PID combinations.  If you should
happen to find an exception from this rule, then that would be a truly
interesting device.

Bjørn