CPU loading issue

David McCullough david.mccullough at accelecon.com
Thu Jun 11 06:18:51 PDT 2015

Marc Murphy wrote the following:
> My system is based on an AM3359 (BBB) running at 1GHz so should be able to cope with the
> GPS stream.
>
> If I use gdbserver and attach to MM, when the loading is getting really high I can pause
> the process and the loading instantly drops.  If I wait a couple of seconds and resume the

Ok,  I have been running all day with the 1s setting,  no change from my
last update.  Sitting at 4-6% and only peaking when we are doing other
things to modem manager.

I just updated to current master for libqmi and ModemManager just to be
sure,  so far its working the same,  will see if it holds up over more than
30 minutes.

What sort of build env are you using for your system ?

I am running linux 3.10/uClibc built with gcc version 4.8.3. Latest modem
manager,  latest libqmi,  linux native threads (uClibc), not sure what else
might make a difference here.

Cheers,
Davidm