API Call proposal

Riccardo Vangelisti riccardo.vangelisti at sadel.it
Mon May 11 07:44:07 PDT 2015

We added on voicecall branch a working version of mm that implements all
voice call functionalities.

The voice capability is implemented on mm core but the only state
permitted on an outgoing call is MM_CALL_STATE_ACTIVE because
MM_CALL_STATE_DIALING and MM_CALL_STATE_RINGING_OUT states are not
handled by generic modem.

In Huawei module there are custom commands (^ORIG, ^CONF, ^CONN) that
permits to differentiate dialing, ringing and active states, so we've
implemented it.
There is an another custom command (^CEND) that indicates the call
termination with a duration field.
This information is not handled but is only printed in debug message.

We also added a DTMF interface in Call object that permits to send and
receive tone on active call.
The send capability is a standard AT command, the receive action
(^DDTMF) is a specific function implemented by Huawei modules (and many
other modems).

For now we assume that could be one call at time as we decided.

We have tested new mm with these modems:
  * Simcom SIM7250E
  * Telit GT863-PY
  * Falcom Twist
  * Huawei MU709S-2