Huawei E5786s-32a linux

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Mon May 18 00:44:16 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have the same device (I will compare the IDs later).

My experience is: you can't use it under linux via USB.

ModemManager is totally wrong here, because the device behaves like a
router. (maybe you are able to switch it to different device, but this
would be an exception)

The Networkmanager could work, but there is a problem inside the
communication between the kernel-driver and huawei.

In my case the device was only usable via WLAN.

Regards,
Thomas