[MM - plugin] Network mode change support on Netgear AirCard 340u.

Jarosław Bielski bielski.j at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 10:36:19 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I am trying to add support for changing network mode (2g, 3g, 4g) on
Netgear AirCard 340u (1199:9051) cellular modem, currently without a
success.

Please find the following versions of libraries and ModemManager, that I
am using:
 - libqmi-1.12.8
 - libmbim-1.12.2
 - ModemManager 1.4.12 (*)

(*) - I have applied patches adding sierra legacy plugin from ubuntu
package available at:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/modemmanager_1.4.12-1ubuntu1.debian.tar.xz

The modem is handled by Sierra plugin (QMI modem + AT serial port) which
does not allow to manage network modes (only one combination 2g,3g,4g is
available). I have already checked that network mode management on the
dongle is possible using SELRAT AT command (the same method as legacy
Sierra plugin).

* Is it possible to overwrite QMI modem methods:
 load_supported_modes
 load_current_modes
 set_current_modes
to other one from sierra legacy implementation?

* Is there any possibility to safely send AT command using libmm-glib
library without switching ModemManager daemon to debug mode? In that
case I would be able to add mode management to the client application
instead of ModemManager.

Thanks a lot for any possible solutions/tips.

Best regards,
  Jaroslaw Bielski

--
Jarosław Bielski