Huawei me906s-158

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Apr 4 14:38:08 UTC 2016

Andreas Fett <andreas.fett at secunet.com> writes:

> We have discovered that the Modem works reliably if we switch it (via
> some shell helper from udev) 1st to USB Configuration 0 and then to 3.
>
> I don't know what this does, but suspect some kind of firmware reset.
> I'll try to provide new USB captures for this scenario within the next
> days if those would could aid debugging.

Interesting.

This makes sense even if the USB captures don't show any other
differences.  The firmware might assume that the configuration always
switches from 0 to either 1, 2 or 3 and then stays there.  That's what
would happen on a Windows system.  There are most likely a number of
internal firmware settings associated with such configuration switches.
Failure to reset them could very well mess up things beyond rescue.

Bjørn