Altair Plugin

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 17:05:00 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-04-05 at 15:35 +0100, Patrick Clark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently running ModemManager-1.4.2 which supports an Altair
> plugin
> for their LTE modem. The device is found by ModemManger and can be
> seen
> using the command:
>
> mmcli -L
>
> However the device is locked:
>
> mmcli -m 0 --simple-status
>
> Status | state: 'locked'

That means the SIM requires a PIN, which is typically detected by
"+CME: SIM PIN" responses from the modem.  It could also be a bug in
ModemManager but we'll need debug logs from modem detection to find
that out.  Any chance you could respond with those, or send them
privately?

"Firmware not supported" simply means that the modem doesn't support a
known mechanism for firmware changes (which is only supported for some
QMI devices right now).

Dan