Sierra Wireless EM7455

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 21:53:55 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-08-02 at 22:42 +0200, Nicolas Christener wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> Today I updated my system firmware and searched some more information
> regarding my issue. Then I found this - which seems related:
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commi
> t/drivers
> /net/usb/cdc_ncm.c?id=c086e7096170390594c425114d98172bc9aceb8a
>
> I now run a 4.6.5 kernel which has this patch applied and it looks
> like I got
> a bit further but I still fail to get a connection established.
>
> Do you see anything suspicious here?
> http://pastebin.com/Q77f4Feh

Still looks the same.  You never actually get connected; the modem
begins the connection procedure and then you get kicked off the network
and it starts searching again and then re-registers.  It never gives
any detailed cause information either.

I forget; have you tried the SIM in a different device, and if so does
that work correctly?

Dan