Sierra Wireless EM7455

Ralph Plawetzki ralph at purejava.org
Fri Aug 12 14:18:17 UTC 2016

Am 04.08.2016 um 17:13 schrieb Nicolas Christener:
> tl;dr: the WWAN card works now! It might to be related to the SIM PIN.

A now version of the linux kernel has been released for Arch linux. So with

Name                     : libmbim
Version                  : 1.14.0-1

Name                     : libqmi
Version                  : 1.16.0-1

Name                     : linux
Version                  : 4.7-1

the EM7455 is working ootb without the need for additional patches.

I tried to find out wether the PIN is an issue for me too, so I deleted
the profiles in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/

All went fine without problems: after choosing "connect" in
NetworkManager, it prompted me to enter the PIN. The connection was
established and network access is working.

Kind regards,
Ralph