huawei signal info patch by Dan

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Dec 6 17:53:38 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-12-06 at 13:19 +0000, Mats Berndtsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for some basic building related questions...
>
> i would like to test the patch from 8/31/16 with extended signal
> quality monitoring for huawei (by Dan Williams)
>

> i git-cloned the source, but there is no configure script in there,
> can i copy the script from the latest release ? , (don't know how to
> build without one)

You can run autogen.sh with the same arguments you'd give to configure.
 That will generate 'configure' from the configure.ac template and then
run configure.  So you just need something like:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
<wait a bit>
make

> when willl this patch be included in a release ?
>

> would it be possible to patch 1.6.4 using this patch or will it only
> work on trunk ?

I've cherry-picked that and other signal-related stuff (+CESQ support)
to the dcbw/mm-1-6-signal branch.  We'll see what Aleksander says about
merging that to MM 1.6.  In the mean time, can you try it out?

git checkout dcbw/mm-1-6-signal
./autogen.sh <with appropriate args you'd pass to configure>
make

Dan